FORT OF LONCIN
Rue des Héros 15
4431 LONCIN (ANS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
One of the twelve fortresses from the fortified band of Liège. It exploded on 15 August 1914 while killing 350 of its defenders under the debris. Preserved in this state, it is the single fortress to have guarded its arms from 1890.
Open: individuals: Wednesdays to Sundays, 10am to 4pm in winter and 10am to 6pm in summer (only the exterior is accessible to individual visitors) - groups (min. 10 people): guided visits of the inside of the fortress, April to late September, first and third Sundays of each month, at 2pm and the rest of the year if a reservation is made 10 days in advance.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 550607
Tourist information on the town ANS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Closure of the Ramioul Prehistosite - Prehitomuseum opens in 2015
- Museum of the Stavelot-Malmedy Principality