CASTLE OF ACOZ
Rue de Moncheret 34
6280 ACOZ (GERPINNES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château d'Acoz is set in the heart of the Biesme valley, in grounds with gardens, ponds, meadows, woods and hills. It consists of two wings to the S. and E. and a tower to the NE. It used to be a huge fortified quadrilateral structure. In the 12th c., the Acoz estate was a dependency of Floreffe Abbey. In 1543 it became the property of the Marotte family and remained so for the two following centuries. The Marotte family was ennobled in 1629. In 1760, it passed to the family of Michel-Joseph d'Udekem. Finally, in 1860, the château was sold to the Pirmez family. In 2001, Tony Cammaert, antiquarian from the Grand Sablon in Brussels and specialised in Japanese art, acquired the castle. Since then he has been restoring the entire castle and the estate with great care.
Our dream is to develop not only a prestigious location for events, but a polyvalent high quality place. Concerts, shows, exhibitions, but also conferences, seminars, birthdays, marriages are taken care of and are organised in an enchanting setting.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
Tourist information on the town GERPINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Pass - The Scientific Adventure Park
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus