Visit : Museum/Discover, Monument
The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58
© www.atomium.be - SABAM - www.laurentphotoaerial.be
Square de l'Atomium
1020 Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
- Opening Dates
- All year round
- Daily : 10:00-18:00
- All year round
© www.atomium.be - SABAM - Axel Addington
© www.atomium.be - SABAM - Christophe Licoppe
© www.atomium.be - SABAM - WBT - Thomas Blairon
The Atomium is the symbol of Brussels and Belgium, a unique monument and an emblematic witness to the Universal Exhibition of 1958.
The Atomium is the most popular attraction in the Capital of Europe.
Today, the Atomium boasts:
- A surreal journey through tubes and spheres,
- The most spectacular panoramic view (360°) of Brussels and its surroundings,
- A permanent exhibition on the history of the monument,
- Temporary exhibitions centred on varied themes,
- A shop overflowing with unique gifts,
- A panoramic restaurant 95m from the ground for a well-deserved lunch-break.
A bit of history...Built for the Brussels World's Fair in 1958, the Atomium was only supposed to last for 6 months, but such was its popularity, that it quickly became a major part of the Brussels landscape.
Standing 102 metres tall, its 2400 tons iron frame connects 9 (originally aluminium, now stainless steel) spheres. The construction represents the 9 atoms of a unit cell of iron crystal and was a reference to science, which was the theme of the Expo in 1958, and the use of the atom which was in full development at the time.
Prepare your visit
Open everyday from 10am-6pm.
Last entry is at 5.30pm.
Guided visits, videos and audio guides.
Audio and video guides for the deaf and the hard of hearing can be rented at the ticket office.
Guided visits can be organised for a maximum of 25 persons.
Information and reservations on the Atomium website
Children can spend a night in one of the spheres of the Atomium that has been prepared especially for them
Night stays are reserved for school groups of children aged between 6 and 12 years old.
Info and reservations on the Atomium website
Persons with reduced mobility can access the central and higher spheres.
Unaccompanied children under the age of 14 are not allowed.
Animals not allowed.
- Couple's Visit to the Atomium
- The Brussels Card from €22, unmissable Visits in Brussels.
- The Atomium with your family: your children will love it!