René Magritte Museum
Rue Esseghem 135
1090 Brussels (JETTE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Set up in the same house where the famous Belgian painter lived and worked for 24 years, the Magritte Museum hosts a wealth of original works, together with several personal objects and documents. The entire furnished apartment and workshop at the end of the garden are accessible to the public. This is where Magritte produced half of his work.
Free guided visits through the painter's apartment on weekends only
A temporary exhibition is organised once a year. For more information, see the website below.
The ticket to the museum includes a short explanation of 15 mins about Magritte's life in the house.
Admission free for children under 9
We suggest you also visit the new Magritte Museum.
Visit our partners' webpages
- ADAM, Art & Design Atomium Museum
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours
- Musée Meunier Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place