Nature & Sports
- Sports Agenda
- The Sports Federations
- Sports & Relaxation
- Adventure Sports
- Play golf in Wallonia and get into the swing of things!
- Boat and River Tourism
- The Water Attractions
- Tours, Walks, Cycling trips, Horse rides...
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée
- La Maison de la Randonnée
- RAVEL - Réseau Autonome des Voies Lentes
- Mountain bike and GPS in East Belgium
- 350 kilomètres à vélo, au Pays de Famenne ! [fr]
- Nature Heritage, Parks and Gardens
- The Caves
- Natural Reserves
- Skiing, Skating, Sledging
Mountain bike and GPS in East Belgium
GPS rental for mountain bikers
The Tourist Office of East Belgium, together with 6 partners, rents out GPS devices for mountain bikers. The device in question is the Garmin Geko 201, which is easy to use and offers a great navigation system (rental: 5 Euro/day, 20 Euro/week and a guarantee). This way its mountain bike offer is further completed. They already have a mountain bike flyer (18 trails, a valley descent and a large round trail in the south of East Belgium), a topographical mountain bike map, a specific mountain bike website (GPS Tracks in East Belgium), with all the necessary information and downloadable GPS tracks. From now on, it is also possible to rent these little navigation devices at 6 different locations, allowing you to discover the modern navigation techniques.
This new GPS system is applied to mountain bikes for the moment, but should soon be used for walks as well. East Belgium would also like to develop `Geocaching¿ (a modern treasure hunt Geocaching ) activities.
Rental of GPS devices at the following locations (reservation recommended):